JDM K24a engine
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JDM K24a engine

Default JDM K24a engine

Just a heads up, if you go to ebay type honda element engine, there a company that has a K24a JDM starting at $1200. thats the next best thing to a tsx and you don't have to worry about the throttle by wire system when hookin it up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    K-Series.com
    Advertisements

K24's can be had for under $1000.00 in the US. Try www.car-part.com

k24a means it has the ivtec on both sides...? and the bigger cams?

how much power would this motor yield?

Same HP...just more torque.

I would say 200-220 with more torque because it's not the a3 head. It's basically the tsx engine without throttle by wire. It would have the ivtec on both sides, it would have the itr cams...etc...

ok - i have questions.....

If i wanted a K24 would i need an A2 head for vtec and better flow or is the k24 head great at that already?

Also, does the K24 have oil squirters like the A2 motor does?

Lastly, any one know if they make low compression pistions for the k24?

Eric

E, there are different versions.

TSX: K24 with throttle biwire and upgraded head
    Accord: I believe it's similar to the TSX
    ELement and CRV: Both have the 160 hp versions with the A3 type head.

now the ultimate questions are still - with the CRV motor, do A2 pistons/rods fit and does this block have oil squirters?

Eric

K20 rods and pistons wont fit in the k24 block.The k20 has 86mm bore and the k24 has an 87 mm bore.The rods are different lengths also.Not sure about the oil squirters.Pistons and rods from different k24's will interchange though,so you can try out different combinatios/compressions.The s2000 f22c has 87mm bore pistons,which should work in the k24.

all k24's have the bigger squirters per my local honda dealer. (napletons autowerks) the jdm k24a will have the jdm cams (itr) the usdm will have the a3 heads except in the tsx which like above will have throttle by wire. One difference I guess is that all k24's except the crv have a variable type intake manifold. Of course most piston and rod company's will make you a good set if you want them.
    One good thing about the k24 is more displacement and we all know there is no replacement for displacement. (jk)
    Another good idea especially for esmith (turbo'd w/guardian) would be to grab an accord front clip. Not only would you get the more displacement but the final drive would be dropped to a 4.3 which would actually make your car have less slip (more traction) with the turbo, I'd say you'd increase your time by a good margin with that set-up.

Are you referring to the v6 3.0l???

Would that actually drop right in??

Also, do any of you have any relevant info about wiring harness and ecu changes when swapping the engine??

What else do you need besides an Engine/tranny/IM/TB/Ecu??

Eric

no. my bust i'm talkin about the k24 version of the accord, though it still has the 4.33 final drive. I wish we could drop the 3.0 in..., maybe hasport can do something about that.
    I do have some info about the wiring harness and ecu but it's at home and I'm at work and won't be able to get back on-line until mon. night. I'll bring it with me though. I know that any final drive swap is capable between the k-seires engines as long as 5 speeds with 5 speeds and 6 speeds with 6 speeds. So if you have an Si 5 speed you can still use the accord final drive because the accord k24 has a 5 speed too!

If you make a swap your gonna have to get the ecu too because of the many differences in k-series such as cylinder heads, intake manifolds, and displacement. The only thing I see right now is the motor mounts needed...hasport has them if you need them.

Man esmith if you get an accord final drive with your set-up as I know it.......SMOKIN!!
    ...BAD@SS!!...cause I know you gotta slip through at least 1st, 2nd, and into 3rd?

good deal. thanks for the info.

Oh, you CAN put the final drive from a 6spd into a 5spd too. I installed my LSD myself - it came from a DC5R 6spd tranny and I put it in my 5sp unbolting the final drive from my open diff and bolting it on the lsd from the 6spd... Trust me - the final drives are swapable too

Eric

Eventually I'm going to take the K24 (element or crv) route with a type-s head. Does the K24 block bolt up to the ep3 tranny?

I have been told the tranny, head, IM, and TB are interchangable between all the k-motors.

Eric

good deal esmith. hands on knowledge is great to come by.
    By the way my fiance',"organized," my desk, so it wasn't until after I got to work that she told me where the papers with ecu harness info was. tomorrow night i'll bring that.

sweet, thanks man!

Eric

K-Series.com Member

Quote Originally Posted by esmith13
    I have been told the tranny, head, IM, and TB are interchangable between all the k-motors.

Eric
    I will confirm this. Here is someone who has done it, and now has their K24/TS motor for sale:

http://www.p1auto.com/jack/forsale/k24frankforsale.htm

I checked the info on the wiring harness. It states that all wiring harnesses are the same for all k-series engines then there is a picture next to it.
    Another thing is that the rsx-s has the 4.389 final drive same as the accord, the only difference is the 5 speed tranny in the accord. Though the article also stated that the 5 speed would be better with a turbo and the 6 speed would be better all-motor because of the mass torque you acquire from the turbo and the need to stay within the powerband with an all-motor.

K24 boosted...hmmm, sounds interesting.

Rocky
    Showstoppers USA

Quote Originally Posted by RockEP-SSUSA
    K24 boosted...hmmm, sounds interesting.

Rocky
    Showstoppers USA
    How about if ShowStoppers sponsor's that endevor for me??

Eric

By the way according to the new Honda Tuning magazine and which I should have known or remembered was that since the cr-v is considered a light truck it doesn't need to have the egr or pcv to meet emissions regulations. all the other k24's have these and because of it can't have the the intake manifold from the type-s or itr.

Quote Originally Posted by SiDaddy-0
    I would say 200-220 with more torque because it's not the a3 head. It's basically the tsx engine without throttle by wire. It would have the ivtec on both sides, it would have the itr cams...etc...
    i believe you are misinformed on said such engine. the TSX is in fact the only motor in the K-series line up with the 2.4L displacement & 200hp rating, JDM or USDM.
    so, as said before, a K24a whatever can be had pretty easy.

if you guys didn't know, but the type R accord(tsx) has the k20a engine with 220 hp.
    the USDM has the 2.4 200 hp engine
    the Crv k24a1 is the easiest engine to fit in the engine bay. you have to change the intake manifold on the k24a4(accord and element)

+ Reply to Thread