07 seventh gen accord [Archive] - K-Series Forums

View Full Version : 07 seventh gen accord

07accord
10-01-2006, 11:15 PM
i just bought a 07 accord sedan. I have started looking for some after market parts but then i notice there is nothing for the k24a3. So i was wondering if anyone has any ideas for knows anything about this car.

cube
10-01-2006, 11:58 PM
try fitting a 99 si intake and if it doesn't fit you could cut it down a little or modify your existing air box to have a tube come off it to cold to a cold air location, more air in really pays off with more out so you could go to a place that does piping and just uprgrade your middpipe to free up some air or upgrade all the way up to your cat. any car will benefit from those mods bc when manufactoring cars most makers want less road noise and make those huge plastic POS air boxes and less flowing exhaust

most parts stores have a 99 si intake for around $50

07accord
10-04-2006, 03:42 PM
so just exhuast and add on for my intake should help the engine run better?

k20ImportTuner
10-04-2006, 06:24 PM
swap it out for a k24a2 and SC it :)

Best Auto Insurance (http://autoinsurances.weare cares.net) | Auto Protection Today (autoprotection.wear ecares.net) | FREE Trade-In Quote (trade-in.wearecares.net)

07accord
10-04-2006, 10:36 PM
i was thinking of that, but that cost alot of money.

k-series
10-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Performance wise, you're limited. Intake and exhaust and you could always do a custom header. If you want to try forced induction, there's always turbo.

Steve

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

07accord
10-06-2006, 01:56 AM
no i am not a f/i guy i rather go n/a...

09accord
11-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry i cant help you on this one! Yea they dont really have anything for th e07's besides intakes! Thats why i got a 03 accord coupe v6!

happygilmore
12-05-2006, 01:14 AM
dont mod it. save your money. it's already a nice car

Gigalisk
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey i have an 06 sedan. DONT GET DISCOURAGED. . .Automatically look into getting a F5Fujita Cold Air Intake from Tai at Corsport, one of the Vendors on K-Series. Also look into anything that works engine-wise for the TSX, which is the closest match to the accord engine-wise. Don't quote me on it fully, but I will check on that, because the TL has the same motor but with some Vibration issues.

cube
12-05-2006, 04:24 PM
so just exhuast and add on for my intake should help the engine run better?

why wouldn't it?

brandtson
12-06-2006, 03:21 PM
i just bought a 07 accord sedan. I have started looking for some after market parts but then i notice there is nothing for the k24a3. So i was wondering if anyone has any ideas for knows anything about this car.

get neuspeed or comptech short shifter (pretty much the same product, the comptech comes with a tool to remove the shifter bushing which is a pain in the ass if you don't have), speed shop's (i think that's the name) shifter bushing cables for rsx, unorthodox pulleys for an 02-04 rsx-s (some say the stock crank pulley has an elastomer in it and will own your main bearings if you remove it, but some say they've gone 10k+ miles on them and it's fine, so if you're worried use an it-r (jdm rsx, not b-series integra) crank pulley or type-s (apparently the it-r is slightly lighter), dc sports header, whatever intake (aem doesn't make one for a maf sensor, fujita doesn't make one for map sensor... or maybe I have that backwards?) tsx intake manifold, hondata intake manifold gasket, bore your throttle body (maxbore.com), whatever exhaust, tsx head and ips cams, hondata k-pro (you need to make a custom harness though and use an 02-04 k-pro'ed rsx (type-s or base both with m/t) ecu, obx lsd (half say good, half say bad, so I don't know what to think of it) or phantom grip and that'd be good for like 230-250 whp and will drop bows on most things you'll see at a redlight.

That's the best n/a you can do besides getting a brian crower stroker kit, tsx pistons or aftermarket higher comp pistons, or boring it out which I don't think you could get more than a mm out of it (don't quote me on that though).

brandtson
12-06-2006, 03:23 PM
before I forget, if you actually go through with it and buy a tsx intake manifold make sure it's an RBB manifold. The RBC's and RBA's(?) are useless and make torque at an rpm that's out of our range.

Gigalisk
05-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't quote me on it fully, but I will check on that, because the TL has the same motor but with some Vibration issues.

Meant to say TSX and it isnt vibe issues, its true vtec camshafts that it has.

The Pope
05-23-2007, 05:14 AM
I have the TSX IM and it free'd up the motor so that it rev's up quicker.

Now there are two different one's out there. You need the one from a 2k6 or newer TSX due to your car having the DBW throttle body (K24A8).

I will be adding the F5Fujita CI next as far as engine mod's go. I already have a header.

The Pope
05-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Does this site have a edit feature? In my last post it places the Cool Smilie face where I typed K24A8 ..... A few of the other sites I post on have thid function. Why not here?

CorSport
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah check out our accord parts:

www.corsportusa.com

Gigalisk
05-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Now there are two different one's out there. You need the one from a 2k6 or newer TSX due to your car having the DBW throttle body (K24A8).

Are you saying that the K24A2 prior to 06 was a conventional throttle body? Just the twine and no electronics?

The Pope
05-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Are you saying that the K24A2 prior to 06 was a conventional throttle body? Just the twine and no electronics?

Yes. DBW started wiht the 2K6 Accords.