turbo plan for k24a4 [Archive] - K-Series Forums

View Full Version : turbo plan for k24a4

Blue_K24a4
03-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi guys This post my be already repeated whatever
I'm now finally rdy to turbo my car k24

plans going to be for 7-10 psi
thanks for all post which adds knowledge and ideas

here I'm trying to gather all information about all parts I need to go for my project I will start getting some parts within next 3 months

I will appreciate any help and suggestions, I will go custom job which will be less costly than getting bolt on kit with help of my friend who got a garage work shop.

I'm going to start with Brian crower cams, VALVE SPRING, RETAINER KIT and Stainless steel valves maybe lower comparison pistons to reach at lest 7k rpm

Im not sure for which turbo size to start with... any help ideas to share with will be nice
"and sorry for my english"

thaduke2003
03-17-2007, 03:46 PM
If you're going to lower COMPRESSION (not comparison) pistons, you'll need new rods as well. I reccommend Wiseco pistons for turbo, by the way. Don't overbore (past the stock 87mm) for a street ride.
Next up, for turbo size, the GT-30R is worth every penny when mated to the K-series motor.
You'll want 550cc pistons for this setup- go RC. You can use the stock fuel rail if you want, or get Golden Eagle- AEM is worthless.
Make sure you use a proper size intercooler- bigger is not always better, especially with such low boost levels.
Talk to Cham (cstyleaccord) for K-Pro setup instructions/help- don't dick around with E-Manage.
Also, make sure you replace all of your seals, gaskets, etc. while you're rebuilding your engine. don't go with a thinner or thicker head gasket, but do use the Hondata intake manifold gasket.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask- Mark W.

Blue_K24a4
03-18-2007, 03:52 PM
thanks dude for the info I will post more updates later, while i get starter items...

thaduke2003
03-18-2007, 06:01 PM
What are your power goals for the car? What do you plan to do with it? Like, is it going to be a fast street car, an occasional track car?
Also, what chassis is this going in? Element, Accord, or something else?
Just wondering, as that's a very low boost level (relatively), so I wanted to see what you're aiming at- Mark W.

Blue_K24a4
03-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I got 7th accord; I'm aiming at 300whp with very good traction for daily use adding to it some monthly entertainment drag events in my country, whatever I want 10-15 psi boost safe engine condition for these events, and keeping it low psi levels for daily use

My down side I'm using auto so I need to swap it with manual transmission...
I'm in the process of getting cams and valves

I'm not into swapping the head I want to work on my current k24a4.

thaduke2003
03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah- automatic turbo is a bad combo. Good luck with the swap :) What country are you in? Mark W.

Blue_K24a4
03-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I live in Bahrain " a small island located at the Persian gulf " if you are formula one fan the next round will be held in my country 13-14-15 of April next month.

thaduke2003
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah- I know Bahrain- good stuff- keep us posted :) Mark W.